Our Vision, Mission and Values
Fair Wisconsin envisions a fair, safe, and inclusive society in which lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people are treated with dignity and respect.
Fair Wisconsin Education Fund works to build a fair, safe, and inclusive Wisconsin for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people by advancing, achieving, and protecting LGBT civil rights and workplace equality through education, movement capacity building, grassroots organizing, civic engagement, research, and legal challenge preparation.
Fair Wisconsin Education Fund carries out this mission in accordance with the following values:
- We value human dignity.
- We recognize, respect, and celebrate the diversity within the LGBT community.
- We believe LGBT and allied people should shape and inform the work of our organization to ensure we are responsive and accountable to the people we serve.
- We believe a multi-issue approach is necessary to address the diverse challenges facing the LGBT community.
- We believe social, racial, and economic justice are key intersectional issues that impact LGBT people and their families.
- We believe change is possible through strategic public engagement.
- We believe in developing strategic collaborations, partnerships, and coalitions with LGBT and allied organizations.
- We believe in maintaining and expanding our statewide presence.
- We believe in building organizational infrastructure to support the capacity of the LGBT equality movement.